Creating Mobile Commerce Strategy. There is promising investment opportunities in the mobile Internet Arena.
Technology Enabled Business Model
Integration of Legacy Systems And Mobile Platform Added Value Business Model.
Situation: Mobile internet can be divided into three main elements.
Communication Services include Voice, Email, Instant Messaging, Unified Messaging, Chat Videotelephony, Community Services, and Digital Content.
Commerce include Retail, Location Based Commerce with GPS, Comparison shopping, Ticketing, Stock broking, Banking, Auctions, Multi-channel Commerce i.e Mobile TV, Music, Gambling and betting, Phone Add-Ons like Ring Tones, Insurance industry, Travel Management, Advertising, more.
Value added Services include News, Entertainment, Travel, Location based services, Security, Domestic Remote Control, Calendar, Society Services, Instant Messaging, more
Mobile applications are generated from four different sources
1. Content-driven multichannel Services (Mobile TV)
2. Fixed Internet applications (Facebook, Web 2.0)
3. Technology enabled solutions (Ubiquitous Computing)
4. Corporate Systems Integration (SAP, SOA, Jboss, Web 2.0 , Social Networking).
Target: To identify Mobile Investment possibilities
1. What are the key techologies of 2010 available for the mobile platform?
- Advantages of 4G
- Support interactive multimedia
- Wider bandwidth, higher bit rates
- Global mobility and service portability
- Low cost & Scalability of mobile networks.
- Pervasive Computing
2. What are the key markets to penetrate? What is the Size of the Mobile Applications Market?
Mobile applications market to exceed $20 billion by 2012
The market for mobile applications has reached mainstream adoption.
Device makers, service providers, and software vendors all contribute.Businesses in the United States are projected to shell out about $20 billion on mobile applications, including CRM, ERP, email, SMS/text messaging, project management, collaboration, and security offerings.